A unique blend of herbs designed to protect and heal your horse’s respiratory system, promote blood vessel integrity, and support the immune system.
The horse’s respiratory is very sensitive, and prone to inflammation, hemorrhage, allergies, asthma, and other chronic diseases that can end a horse’s career. Studies have repeatedly shown that 90-100% of sport horses already have significant lung damage – even when they seem healthy and perform well. Left untreated, respiratory inflammation, bleeding, and allergies can progress and impede your horses’s performance and well-being.
Equina Broncho Tea is a unique blend of herbs, formulated by a Master Herbalist and a Holistic Veterinarian. The herbs we use in Equina Broncho Tea were chosen for their scientifically proven properties. All herbs used in Equina Broncho Tea are USEF-approved.
The active herbal ingredients are:
- Elderberry (Sambucus nigra): This is a powerhouse of vitamins and antioxidants that are known to activate the immune system, inhibit viruses, and even help prevent cancer.
- Rose Hips (Rosa canina): These are packed with Vitamin C, and famous for antioxidant and anti-inflammatory effects that improve joint mobility and reduce pain.
- Alfalfa (Medicago sativa): This is traditionally used for asthma and other respiratory conditions. It is a tonic and detoxifier, improves bone strength, has mild diuretic properties, and is a source of natural Vitamin K, which is essential to blood clotting.
- Dandelion (Taraxacum officinale): This has anti-inflammatory and tumor-inhibiting effects; it also has mild diuretic action.
- Marshmallow (Althea officinalis): This has soothing effects on the respiratory system and reduces coughing.
- Nettle (Urtica dioica): contains important antioxidants and is traditionally used for allergic and respiratory complaints.
- Oatstraw (Avena sativa): provides all the flavor and healthy benefits of oats—without harmful starchy carbohydrates.
- Violet (Viola spp.): contains rutin, which strengthens blood vessels and capillaries.
All herbs are organic or ethically wild-crafted to provide the highest quality herbs available, in an ecologically and environmentally friendly manner.
Equina Broncho Tea comes in a sturdy, resealable mylar package containing approximately 3.5 months’ worth of tea. You brew it fresh for maximum potency; a handy dosing device is included for easy administration. The mild taste with flavors of alfalfa and oats is palatable to horses.
(Directions accompany each order)