“Aromatherapy” for your horse’s sensitive olfactory and respiratory systems
NEW! Larger size, insect-proof container.
Equina Nasal Balm is designed to deliver beautiful, healing “aromatherapy” directly to the horse’s sensitive olfactory and respiratory systems. Equina Balm comes in a base of soothing, natural Almond, Apricot, Jojoba and Coconut oils and Beeswax. Just apply a small amount of balm on the skin inside the nostrils once or twice a day. Equina Nasal Balm is safe and non-irritating.
The active herbal ingredients in Equina Nasal Balm are:
- Neem (Azadirachta indica): Traditionally used for parasitic infestations and for wounds. Neem oil is excellent for its healing properties. It is also known to have insecticidal and repellent properties. Neem oil is also an effective fungicide.
- Eucalyptus (Eucalyptus globulus): Well known for its beneficial effects on respiratory diseases, Eucalyptus soothes airways and optimises blood circulation, and reduces constriction of the airways. Helps calm airways even in dusty or high-pollen conditions.
- Lemongrass (Cymbopogon citratus): has antimicrobial, analgesic, antipyretic, antioxidant and anti-fungal properties. It has specific activity against Aspergillius. Its mild lemon scent is pleasing and non-irritating.
- Lomatia (Lomatium dissectum): has anti-viral and anti-bacterial properties. Traditionally used for upper respiratory infections.
- Karanja (Pongamia pinnata): The oil of the Karanja tree, a member of the mangrove family, has insecticidal, antiseptic, antiparasitic and cleansing properties. It is commonly used for scabies, itch, herpes, eczema and maggot infested sores. Karanja oil has antiviral, insecticidal and repellent properties.
- Rosewood (Aniba rosaeodora): It has good antibacterial properties and boosts the immune system. On the skin, it acts as a cell stimulant and tissue rejuvenator, and helps reduce pain. It has analgesic, anti-depressant, antiseptic, antibacterial, insecticidal, stimulant and tonic properties.